BLOGROLL

Sunday, January 9, 2011

My first of Twenty Eleven

Happy VERY belated New Year! Too many to share after the long break. So I'll just start with a few items I was excited to find over the holiday time.

 Many of you probably recognize this J Crew Colletta coat from Jean's review @ Extra Petite. I had wonderful experiences with JCrew coats and most of my winter coats are from J crew. The standing collar and shirred waistband make this coat a very feminine, flattering yet classic look. Plus with the 40% off $169.99 sale price, how could I pass it? The one I have is sz 00. ( I'm a little above 5'4''). It's a shorter cut compare to the lady day coat. I agree with Jean that petites should go with regular size if you prefer a longer coat.


Our local restaurant is still full of holiday atmosphere. I bravely opened the button in the freezing wind even though I haven't completely recovered from a bad cold, just try to show off the skirt from Zara.

 A close look at the hem, with the lovely fringe.

Last but not the least, I looooooooove these suede boots from Loft. They are so warm and comfy. This is what I have concluded after several whole day walking experiences. Also the important thing is, the smaller calf size! However, feels like Loft shoe size runs a little bigger from the couple of pairs I have.



Another look of the skirt. I visit our local McDonald's a lot for a quick meal. So bear with me here if you live a healthy diet routine. But I do think you still could eat healthy even at McDonald's. :)



 Should I tie my hair up for a change in the new year?
Thanks for reading.

XOXO,
Sahara


Outfit Details:
Coat: J Crew
Skirt: Zara
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft ( similar here )

18 comments:

  1. Love the Colletta on you, I think your extra height (and I think she's mentioned that the 00R runs slimmer than 0P) compared to Jean made this coat work for you. The color is gorgeous though and I really really want one myself but I don't need another coat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this jacket is sooooo gorgeous on you!!!! I am waiting for the Lady Day coat in Cobblestone to go on more sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You look stunning!! Your outfit is absolutely flawless! Everything looks so great on you! Pink and olive are definitely your colors! I must say this again...stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!
    I don't understand why this Colletta looks so lean on you and so puffy on Jean. I love how it looks on you. The fit and the color are both very nice. Oh, those Loft boots are gorgeous! You got tons of shoes from Loft this year that worked for you. I so envy you! The Zara skirt is very cute, and yes, I noticed the cute details on the trim. Oh and how I love the color of those scarves! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle, Welcome to stop by. I don't know how much difference sz 00 from sz 0P. But I'm definitely bigger than Jean.
    Oh, YOu have my salute by saying: I really really want one myself but I don't need another coat. I should remind this to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, Thanks. Can't wait to see the lady day coat on you. I tried both. The day coat definitely have better fitted cut. Just I already have the similar style. Good luck to you! I'm sooo behind on even reading blogs, need to catch up to see what's your latest fabulous findings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Michelle, You are so sweet. I double checked the pictures after read your comment. The scarf does look newer and more pink than real. Even it's one from, I can't even remember how many years ago. :) Thanks. I can't wait to check your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vicky: Hey darling, Jean and I have the different size. Also, I think I'm bigger and taller than Jean. We could have another lady's room fitting review sometime later.:) Hey, I only got TWO pairs from LOFT! But I do start to like Loft shoes... :)
    Like I told Michelle, the scarf is soooo old, must be another one made in China. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't taking pictures in the cold the worst? At least you have a beautiful new coat to keep you warm! Love the skirt, the fringe detail really makes it stand out from all the other plaid skirts out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Sara, yes I appreciate all the beautiful things I have in my life. I wish I could get to the same level as you though someday, turning the oldies to the new miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow the coat looks great on you! I finally took some pics of me in it and I look like a dumpy mess. I also kind of regret not trying those LOFT boots too when they were still available now that you mention the small calves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like your style, you are so cute, and i looooove these boots x
    www.thefashionmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty coat. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a fox tail if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's definitely a beautiful coat on you, glad you purchased it!

    Stay Happy and Positive!

    besos,

    ML


    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely coat! Jcrew has so many pretty things that I want! Your name Sahara is so beautiful! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete